View Single Post
Old 2013-02-09, 11:27   Link #27
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post

On another note I know the series has said that they are in love with the deceased Maria & the deceased Shun, but chemistry wise Saki & Satoru have always been my favorite pair in this series (well ever since they were kids alone in queer rat territory). It doesn't have to be "in love" but the deep friendship & bond they share is just beautiful to me. If you think about it pretty much every major crises Saki & Satoru have been together: Alone with the queer rats, they both lost Shun, they searched & lose Maria & Mamoru and now they are together against the fiend.

I just really hope they won't be separated in the end because I think that would break my heart. I was sad when they lost Shun, Maria, and Mamoru but I realize I wasn't as connected to those relationships as I have become connected to the Satoru/Saki one and I want to believe that the two hand connecting at the end of Wareta Ringo are their hands.
Yes, I agree. Saki-Satoru relationship works way better than the either of those two mentioned. Their chemistry is good. They have been through thick thin together since that summer camp when they were kids. This is the reason why I couldn't see where Saki's reaction to Shun's death was coming from. I mean, they hadn't even been together as much as Satoru and her or hell even Maria and her. Maria's departure and eventual death is pretty meh. If only, the studio hadn't been shoving that MariaXSaki in the viewers faces it would been good. Now, it just makes Maria's character look bad and one dimensional. As much as I love yuri parings in anime, I don't want them taking over a show which isn't about them.