View Single Post
Old 2013-05-26, 01:17   Link #952
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by June93 View Post
Also I wanna ask, i'm thinking of ordering either the 1/144 Strike Eagle or the re-issue of the Valkyrie Shiranui (non-scale), do these things need any painting?
- Yes, depending on the kit. You could probably do OK with the Strike Eagle (Being mostly Sky grey), but the Shiranui might need a touch of paint for some accents. Kotobukiya usually has a couple of parts already molded with the colors, so it's not going to be too bad. It's not -absolutely- necessary, but obviously the kits are just that---plastic modelling kits--and look better if you put a bit of work into them.

Quote:
Any otehr tools needed or can I just assemble it with what I have in the box?
- Well, a hobby knife or Sprue Cutter would be ideal. You DON'T want to rip the parts off the sprues and slap them together--you'll just turn into another one of those screaming N00bs who complain about why they have to assemble their toys and why there's these little ugly nubs on them when they assemble together.

Quote:
Also how durable are these models? Thanks
- Fairly good, but Revoltechs are more durable since they're toys. The Koto Model kits are posable and can be handled pretty much like Gundam kits. And like Gundam kits, please don't swing them around and throw them.

...and before you ask "Why would I swing them around and throw them?"---you'd be surprised what some grown men will do at conventions.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote