View Single Post
Old 2011-07-15, 22:43   Link #462
hanashi

Quote:
I'm not sure what Himari /the possessed hat ripped out of Kan, it was clearly reminiscent of Utena, but for now I think there can only be speculation- his dna-destined program, his human restrictions, I can only guess...?
Am I the only one that saw that as some sort of rape symbolism? I wondered whether Princess was ripping out energy or *coughEssensecough* but the first episode was inconclusive. In the first episode, she stripped naked, a penguin conveniently trap-doored Sho, she ripped something out of Kanba, and the scene faded to black. But in the second episode, we see Kan on the train and he looks exhausted. It makes sense that she'd need some sort of energy source to revive Himari but if she's completely healed, why would there be a continued need for the survival strategy?

As a survival strategy, finding a constantly renewable source of energy is a good strategy and Kan is a teenage boy. With a less than pure focus on his little sister. And if you carry the emotions as energy/power to the next logical step, it makes sense that Ringo's diary would be an object of power. That's some pretty intense emotion accumulated over ages of stalking. I wonder if it's the emotion itself or the shade of taboo attached to it. That might be why she can get energy from Kan and not Sho.

It's too early to tell what it all means but that scene is super suggestive.

Last edited by hanashi; 2011-07-16 at 00:30.