View Single Post
Old 2010-04-23, 13:45   Link #8768
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeagullCrazy View Post
I was referring to the "Battler never sees them both at the same time, therefore they are the same person" part.

Most of your theory comes from the beginning of EP2 and the Ange scenes of EP4, right? Those scenes can be explained without using Shkanon.

For example, what if Shannon and Beatrice were the same person, and Kanon knew about it? There are definitely clues that Shannon is Beatrice (the promise, etc).
The butterfly brooch represents the "love" that Shannon learned, and she wanted to share that with Kanon. But he didn't believe in the power of love, so he rejected it.

And I've already talked about how the chained closed room can work without Shkanon. In fact, if it's right then Shkanon is denied, because Shannon and Kanon can't be inside and outside of the room at the same time.
Wait, so nothing can count as a hint unless it gives absolute proof of the thing it's hinting towards? At the very least, I hope you see that, in retrospect, Shkanontrice is probably the easiest way to explain the opening of EP2, and that it makes more sense in that part than any theory I've seen so far (and gives a good reason for all of the individual scenes, instead of calling them "general foreshadowing").

Why was Shannon so reluctant to fall in love with George? Why did Kanon feel obligated to not fall in love with Jessica until the last scenes? Why did they both consider themselves to be subhuman for most of the time? Why did both Shannon and Kanon see an invisible Beatrice floating around someone? Why is Kanon's entrance described as "absolutely silent" both here and even more ridiculously in EP3? Is it really a coincidence that no one sees the two of them together in the entire opening, and that Kanon appears in front of Shannon whenever she's mulling something over inside her head? Why did Shannon feel the need to smash the mirror? Why did she even think that a witch would be able to help her in the first place?

Shkanontrice can be used to give answers to all of these things, and it's very hard to do it with different theory.

@Kaisos Erranon:
If you really feel that way, I don't see why you want to spend your time complaining about it here.
Believe it or not, there are people with other opinions than yours.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote