View Single Post
Old 2013-08-28, 18:41   Link #428
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Personally, I think the real issue isn't so much the incest as it is Kirino herself. This place seems like a haven for Kirino fans so you may not have noticed, but she is hated by tons of people. Naturally, these people can't understand this ending especially since the build-up to it was pretty bad.
Well, I guess, by the number of flame posts here after the ending came out, it would have been pretty impossible not to notice. As for the supposedly bad build-up, I guess this is depending on subjective opinions. Kuroneko-shippers and others see it as bad build-up, Kirino-shippers see no problem. But for a rather unbiased opinion I think relentlessflame has captured it best. Not that it changes your views at all.

And last but not least, saying this for the n-th time. Kirino's reputation is hurt by the show getting told out of the perspective of Kyousuke. She behaves extreme tsundere mainly only to him. More importantly, that especially in the first few episodes, where many people form their opinion about a character that appears a lot. Many of these people are not willing to reconsider, no matter what Kirino does afterwards. Kirino is mirroring the show in the approach needed to understand her. Whoever only looks primarily at the surface thinks Kirino's only bitching around and does nothing for the benefit of others and the show itself is poorly written, illogical etc. That's also why Kuroneko is garnering so much popularity. She is easy to like, all her good sides are shown right on the surface. Her popularity would be far different, if the show only shows her rude and anti-social part.