View Single Post
Old 2007-10-01, 04:52   Link #71
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

I found School Days to be a pretty good anime series...and a very unique one too.

Story - Episode one looked like this show was going to be a normal love anime about a couple having problems here and there...and right off the bat, in episode 2, we get the main male lead in this story, not wanting to be with the girl that he hooked up with in episode 1. As the episodes go more down the road, the more messed up this story becomes and the more girls in the school gets involved with this male character lead. Leading up to the breaking point in the last two episodes. The ending was pretty reasonable...everything from what happened to the beginning to end, came back to haunt these three friends at the end.

Music - Since this anime was an adaptation from a original computer visual novel game of the same name, the music was pretty much the highlight of this show. I liked the various ending theme songs and insert songs (which were pretty much the ending songs though) that were used in this show. Each of the songs matched up perfectly to whatever happened in each episode...whether it was sad or a happy thing, the ending song would tell all. The opening theme was also enjoyable...but experienced people who had played the game say that the original opening for the game beats the anime opening any day. The BGM used throughout the whole series was also enjoyable.

Seiyuu - They were alright. Same cast used to do the original game, but they're names are displayed differently from game credits to the anime credits. Although, Makoto's seiyuu sure did sound annoying most of the time due to his unstoppable whining, but he did a good job doing that though.

Animation - Not bad, though the ending episode had pretty good animation though compared to all the episodes in the series.

Overall - A very entertaining, yet this anime makes you angry at all the events that are happening to all the characters in this show. Especially to the three main lead characters. I felt like destroying my computer a couple of times all because of every episode becoming so messed up at the end, that it was almost becoming unbearable. The ending was crazy but it made sense as to how it all became that way though. Casual anime watchers may enjoy this, though the first episode is a deception to whats ahead in this show though. Hardcore anime watchers might also want to check this out, even though if you haven't played the game. Its pretty different from your normal harem/love/love triangle animes.

8/10
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote