View Single Post
Old 2011-03-07, 12:15   Link #22239
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keriaku View Post
*snip*
Sorry but yeah, from what I see you disregard nearly everything. You claim that every world is "real" while in actuality you disregard every single "world", both their fantasy and their mystery aspects, as well as Rokkenjima prime, and all their outcomes (since they all end badly) for the sole "world" that is the Meta world. It doesn't matter if you were slaughtered a thousand times in "stories" and in the "real world" because you find some happiness in the Meta World, that's what you propose, and that is discarding over 95% of the serie.

Not to say that the serie had characters specially have conversations about how happiness isn't something we should find in another world. The main conversation over that is even spoken by Shannon and Kanon too, so Yasu.

If as you propose every world is real then every world's outcome is also real. Think of it with Higurashi. If every "arcs" of Higurashi is "real" then it means that even tho in the final arc Rika got a good ending, she still got a bad ending in countless worlds. These worlds would all be as "real" as the one where she got her happy ending. So the story really ended horribly like over 99% of the time. The bad endings of previous arcs aren't erased by the emergence of a new arc. The worst of it tho, is that the case you propose is not even in a "different possibility of a world" but altogether in another world that is pretty much an afterlife.

Perhaps the love (making blind) is the reason why you disregard most of what occurs in the serie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
I'm not saying that justifying a person's repeated wrongful actions is a good idea, but that not being willing to understand the reason for it isn't a good idea either.
What you said is why I don't get how come people have troubles with the moral aspects of the serie. Isn't it basically a very normal aim for a story? That the readers end up understanding the thoughts and emotions that lead a criminal to being one, doesn't imply that we have to agree with these decisions. It should even be preferable that the reader constanty is aware of the "wrongdoings" of antagonists while still understanding them.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote