View Single Post
Old 2007-06-06, 14:08   Link #1300
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
Of course. That's why I like the argument "LOL ANIME".
that wasn't what i meant.
by my comment, i implied that characters behaviour are impossible to apply on reality. (the obvious example would be subaru)
if we have to compare in the HARDCORE way, everything is kinda irrelevant, considering the ages of the rookies and the weird training protocol. (sometimes it is hard military, sometimes, it sounds like a field trip)

once again : you will never see happy-go-lucky children, having as fancy gifts some big rail guns, and happily blasting the enemies. not to mention relying on 9 years old little girls, to catch an extremely dangerous culprit, while they have the ressources to do this by themselves, is completely out of question. (you will say : yeah, but this is magic. well, if we imagine that a kid is able to kill without remorse, and is an expert to use firearms at the said age, it would be still refused. (except some peculiar groups... right kashim? )
Quote:
Oh? How so?
Are you saying Teana is right to point a loaded weapon at her superior in that situation?
your analogy implies that the fellow soldier got an extremely dangerous weapon, ready to create an horrible accident.

EP 8 : we don't know the scale of phantom bullet (power, area of effect, properties, letality, casting time). also, unlike rocket, which you can't defend against, until you are sheltered; magic can be blocked with an appropriate barrier or shield.
also, there were other possibility to disarm the said culprit : bind, flash move, faster retaliation (which nanoha used), a nullifying attack on the incoming spell.

reality is : except if you can snap out the culprit, either you are dead, or you shoot at the crazed soldier.

while both share the "disable the target first" option, in nanohaverse, things are much more convenient.
that would be the same for the "reckless blade attack" that teana performed. i saw here and there shocked people, weirdly claiming she was going to kill nanoha. while it would be true in reality (if she would be ever able to jump and attack like this, of course), there isn't anything you can do except parrying or dodging. once again, in nanohaverse : bind, improved speed, recoil, etc etc (heck, even bare hand parry). comparing an anime with reality requires to aknowledge the big differences in contexts.

so, direct analogy, without paying attention to the scales and differences in options isn't really working (but that's only my opinion.)

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-06-06 at 14:20.