Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-07-03, 23:29   Link #3179
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post

And what makes the North Korean people different than the government? You do realize that it is only natural for nations in which North Korea poses a threat to not act like the charity? I do not agree with military actions as that the abductees do live in North Korea; without a clear idea as to where they are currently residing in, it would be unwise to make military attempts as that their lives are most important. Thus, sanctions are really the only option. Although, sanctions do seem to be rather ineffective as that tons of Japanese businessmen and Chinese companies are working together to make it so and they are doing a very good job. Strengthening the security umbrella is unnecessary as that the North Korea of today is not much of a threat; however, their supporter are somewhat of a threat and that is why the security umbrella is continuing to be enhanced.
1. It's because when sanctions come down, the DRPK gov will then take more away from its people just to maintain their standard of living. After all this is communism.

2. I think it needs to expand too. Like to Singapore, it's southern-most ally in Asia.

Oh and on Singapore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Homosexuality is a crime!

Group sets up site to urge keeping gay sex ban

377A serves public morality

For more about section 377A of Singapore's (and India's) Penal Code, go to this link.
Amen. 377a must stay. I wish we had this where I am right now (OK fine, I'm in HK - Wait I think HK does have it... I dunno. Did the British law pass down to HK?