View Single Post
Old 2009-10-31, 14:29   Link #143
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
Hitagi and Tsubasa are contrast of each other.

Because of this... Hitagi is very aware that Tsubasa is a "competitor".

Hitagi's only concrete move to beat Tsubasa for Koymi is ... to do something Tsubasa is not likely to do.

Thus... she confessed outright... after much testing and beating around the bush.

She did tell him she was testing him... and he was cluless about what.

Conveniently for Hitagi, Koyomi feels the same way and likes her more than Hanekawa... so she lucked in.

In episode 2 Hitagi probed Araragi about the nature of his relationship with Hanekawa.

Remember the lines ... "don't worry I'll keep it a secret from Hanekawa-san" during the "are you a virgin" act ?

Also rememebr, she pointed out that her assumptions about Hanekawa being his crush was because they (Koyomi and Tsubasa) were always together.

If Hanekawa is as smart as Senjougahara knows she is, then that means Hanekawa is well aware of Araragi's good qualities... it would only be a matter of time before Hanekawa made a move. She is always with him after school... so the odds were in Hanekawas favour.

Hitagi was not going to wait... not on that.

Notice also when Kanbaru went on a date with Koyomi, it prompted Senjougahara to move a step rapidly forward and ask Koyomi out herself. Asking her Father for help for the date as well.

In a way... Kanbaru having a great time with Koyomi rattled Hitagi's nerves abit.

Which Hanekawa warned Koyomi about.. He can't be too mice to Kanbaru or other women.

The way I sum it up... when Hitagi moves, she moves decisively and with maximum momentum.

Her punches are hard.

Like a sledghammer to a wall. She will succeed.
Makes alot of sense, and I would back most of it. Dont really know if she got nervous of Kanbaru, as she insisted her to go out with Arararargi as her junior and knows shes lesbian.

But the main thing to the relationship (I beleive), is that Senjougahara sees Arararagi-kun as the hero who saved her. And thus I beleive thats her inititive to become lovers with the most valued person in her life. Her crush is the fact of choosing someone who went to great lengths, even after she even threatened and assulted him to stay out of her way and keep silent. He still came to her aid. Kinda what Kanbaru was so pissed off at arararagi in her arc. He did what she failed to do.

I can only assume Senjougahara sees Arararagi-kun as the most important person in her life and it may be her inititive to not loose to the likes of classrep-chan. Arararagi-kun I believe is one of the most luckyest guys around in anime. Senjougahara is portrayed as one of the most beautiful and intelligent girls around but was never approached because of her coldness.

Spoiler for Ep 12 spoiler:

Senjougahara (aka Tsunder-chan) is defferently one of my top 10 favourit chars. Going to try make a siggie sometime, but I not very good at those <.<

I wub pretty much the whole cast to Bakemonogatari, but she stands out the most.

ps - its really my opinions/assumptions

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote