View Single Post
Old 2010-01-31, 02:16   Link #689
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
Not sure what you mean about Touma's bluffs.

I won't deny for an instant that Mikoto is more trusting than is probably good for her. It goes along with the massive superiority she has over just about everyone else, so that she never really had to learn caution.

But offhand the only time I can think of where she faced off with him for keeps was during the Sisters arc when she tried to turn him into Extra Crispy Hero. It seems to me that being willingly fried like that when he could have blocked almost anything Mikoto could throw at him, and then tossing it in her face that she can't bring herself to do more, is a pretty epic level of bluff.
Somewhere in an earlier chapter (between Level Upper and spoon bomber), Mikoto tracks Touma down and complains about his lack of seriousness to their "rivalry."

Touma then agrees to fight at full power and proceeds to look extremely scary, causing her to freeze in fear of whatever abilities he may use against her now that he is actually being serious. She thought he would be able to seal off her abilities if he felt like it, when in reality he has nothing more than the Imagine Breaker on his side.