Thread: Crunchyroll Cardfight!! Vanguard
View Single Post
Old 2011-01-08, 12:54   Link #37
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
Does any other card game anime have such a compelling underlying plot that makes it a serious anime?
There is no compelling underlying plot. The show doesn't even focus on the millennium items for more than half of the episodes. (Note: I didn't count, I just added arcs.) The whole point of Yugioh: DM is to sell various cards. The plot is basically tacked on to provide continuity between each arc which was designed to show off cards that would be released in the next sets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
Kai on the other hand was our Kaiba, although he does seem a bit more decent than the latter, simply because of his attitude. Kaiba was a very weird person who was clearly obsessed over something, while Kai is just... cool, and as such acts that way. The yellow hair kid served as our Jonouchi for this episode, but the ED makes it seem like he's not sticking around with the main cast in the future?
Kai is closer to a mish-mash of Atem X Kaiba imo. The other guy (who bullys him) is basically the other traits of Kaiba x the original Jonouchi. The yellow hair kid is closer to the DM Jonouchi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
- I was somewhat positively surprised by the monster designs. Some of them are real misses, but a few of Aichi's and Kai's monsters were actually very cool looking, in particular the first one Aichi sends out as his Vanguard. I forgot his name now, but it reminded me a bit of a chibi Dark Magician. Cool concept, although not exactly original.
Blaster Blade (Buster Blader wants his name back and the Dark Paladin, Dark Magician and Black Luster Soldier all want their character design back.)
Amusingly, in the opening, there is also a Dark Magician Girl looking card.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote