View Single Post
Old 2011-04-19, 07:04   Link #99
Sage Shinigami

Send a message via AIM to Sage Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Sage Shinigami
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Jeez, fanbois cry moar? Just because my opinion is not yours, hey, time to beat the crap out of me? Yeah, now I remember why I avoid any threads about anything "shonen."

I would have liked an Adaptation Distillation reboot with ~39 episodes, increased production values, as many of the original voice cast as they can get and the original composer (or Yuki Kajiura... either/or).

That's what I'd like. It probably won't happen, it'll probably just be the Jinchuu arc, which, by itself would be pretty cool, but I think a complete remake would be even better. Especially a shorter one, that could be watched more than once and not feel like a tremendous slog.

And yes, I've watched many 13 and 26 episode series in my time, some with multiple seasons! It has nothing to do with my attention span being short. It's the same reason why I prefer 30 hour RPGs now to the massive 80-hour timesinks I used to play in high school.

I. Don't. Have. Time. For. That. Shit.

*facepalm*

Then go sit through Battle Girls: Time Paradox or some other awful thirteen episode series. I'd rather have just the Jinchuu Arc animated than lose half the animated material just 'cause you want to be able to marathon a terrible version of Kenshin.

Anyway, Yu Yu Hakusho is one of the best manga to anime adaptations of all time with little filler or dragging, but it ran 20 volumes and translated into about 112 episodes. Even if you assume a lot of Kenshin is dialogue and therefore would run a little faster than that, RK's still eight volumes longer than Yu Yu Hakusho's manga.

I'm thinking Jinchuu Arc only is more feasible, otherwise 100 episodes for the full series.

Sidenote:

Quote:
I can't see Kenshin with today's Japanese music (e.g. UVERworld + Kenshin would make me vomit). The original openings and closings are forever engrained in my head.
UVERworld's not a bad band... (Would rather other people do the OP/ED though.) And to be honest, besides Heart of Sword and the original opening that I love almost entirely for nostalgic value and it's level of trolling...I really didn't like those openings, and the endings I barely remember.

Hmm...I need a new rendition of Heart of Sword for this. It's gotta happen.
Sage Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote