View Single Post
Old 2012-12-10, 19:08   Link #22
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Is it inconceivable that such treatment could have been given privately, without the public learning of?

Serious question. I don't know if Japan has a significant element of the paparazzi in its country.
Let's just say that daring to touch on the Imperial Family is like dangling oneself from the corner of a highrise. It's basically suicidal at least socially.

Quote:
No, I'm not looking at her like that. But whatever environment Mashiro grew up in, she has now had ample opportunity to learn how to converse more like a normal individual. And yet the same speech patterns continue, and the same misunderstandings continue. Mashiro still has troubles even expressing her basic feelings on things.

I disagree. I think it is applicable. Mashiro has been at Sakurasou for a very significant stretch of time now.
I guess this is where our individual opinions come in. I don't see her time in Sakurasou has having been that ample amount of time.

Quote:
No, not at all. I simply find the very consistent and patterned symptoms to be difficult to properly account for otherwise.

Why should simply growing up in a sheltered environment lead to such blank and expressionless faces, for example? I don't get that, I truly don't.

If Mashiro is autistic, that would answer some questions that currently have no clear-cut answers otherwise.
The answers have been given, but one might not see it and continue going about with the autism nonsense.

Quote:
Frankly, I don't get why you seem so biased against the idea of Mashiro being autistic. Do you think that would make her less of a character?
Mainly because I can sympathize with Mashiro, given that I was also quite like her and know the kind of thought process.

Quote:
I think that you're overstating the importance of this.
Not really. It's from personal experience: How one grew up is very important as to one's growth.