View Single Post
Old 2011-03-09, 20:18   Link #7902
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
It's the price she had to pay for coming back so quickly.

Honestly, I'd rather Hata had kept her out of the picture until he was ready to actually do something with her, but oh well. Given the timing with the popularity poll it may not have been entirely his decision.

Alice is worth a chuckle from time to time, at least, even though so far her moving in has been about as eventful as it has for Hina--good for throwing in bits of fanservice and/or comedy to keep their respective fans happy, but that's about it.

Athena will get her body back around the end of August in story, which is basically forever from now, so we might as well get used to it.

I'm not complaining, exactly. Hina and Alice have made pretty good gag characters so far as tenants and help liven up the new mansion a bit. It's just that compared to Chiharu basically jumping from neglected side character to new main character, their inclusion feels a little random.
It probably wasn't his decision at all. The execs probably saw which way the wind was blowing and forced him to write Alice into the story.
The only good thing is for the fans of the pairing, Athena x Hayate has basically been killed for the next three months of story.
Which, honestly, may have been Hata getting back at them for ordering him to give her opportunity to return to be part of the harem at the end of the Athens/Golden Week arcs.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote