View Single Post
Old 2008-06-15, 21:46   Link #1223
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Welcome Mirron!

1. Nope there isn't really a topic, but we do have multiple continuities, since various people have varying takes on what the canon timeline could be like. Take your pick, of the major continuities there's:

- Canon timeline: It used to be good, but then came StrikerS which when it tried to expand the universe seemed to have tripped up. Not many of us use this timeline

- the Kerokanon timeline: Essentially the canon timeline, but with 1 more Ace, Keroko, who is Nanoha's sister. Most people work in this timeline currently, though each work actually extends into its own sub-timeline based off Kerokanon as like I said, different people have different takes of the same thing.

- the Alpha timeline: Kerokanon, but evolved into a dark grim future, opting to focus on sense and militarism over the usual Mahou Shoujo fare. Depending on what you liked in Nanoha StrikerS, you might go for this timeline, but be prepared for angst.

- the Original Generations timeline: Kerokanon, but with more prominent OCs, and even more patches and fixes to canon facts and errors, as well as additional content like new magic systems, in-depth racial histories, device varieties and greater customization. It is built like an MMORPG, strives to achieve balance while cramming in as much content as possible, and at the same time keeping things open for others to come in and use it, or even have fun. As such, most of this "timeline" is essentially pages and pages of histories of the various races, racial abilities, playable classes available to each race... With my OCs built within this framework.

Just my massive pet project.

At the forefront of this timeline is Rebuilt of StrikerS, which is the reconstruction of the original events set in this giant timeline. However, no one else works in this timeline because its too prone to changes, always in flux, and pretty much never gets written beyond loads of scrap paper scattered around my desk. My reputation of not giving things a good thinkover is killing it. Which is kinda ironic, considering that prior to coming to Asuki Nanoha forums, I was known in another writing circle for hiding multiple plotlines that ultimately come together Agatha Cristie style.

And there are even more works that don't exactly exist clearly in one timeline, like for Lowe's OCs, they can fit into any timeline.

Bottomline Mirron: just post something, and we'll help you on your way.

2. Unless you want to use my OG rules (which were never published by the way, its still in alpha testing ), I don't see why Wiki does not cut it. Yes Belka is my speciality, but I've developed it along a framework that would not make sense unless you take into account the long history of Belka generated by us. The Belka system first and foremost is just a melee-oriented school of magic. We've come to agree that Belka existed in parallel to Mid-style magic, but declined in recent years, outmoded by mid-ranged tactics like in the modern world. For anyone intending to use the original Belka system and make their own spin of it, that is the source.

However, instead of completely dying out, Belka still exists today. Why is that? This, and many other questions about Belka feasibility, history, theorycrafting, and lore behind the Belka character classes I created reside. I don't want to overload you so soon, but if you want I can generate a summary from my notes after my exam papers this week.

DISCLAIMER: You are NOT obligated to use my writings on Belka when creating a Belka character. They are not canon and so must be taken with a pinch of salt.

Oh and feel free to spell it as Velka. SaintX and I used to do that, but I've changed it after conventions settled for B, but asides from credibility, I don't see the big trouble in using Velka over Belka.

3. Not my zone of speciality, but I emphasize having good sense over Dragonballism.