View Single Post
Old 2006-10-11, 20:08   Link #104
AisuruMirai
箱者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcannis View Post
If anything I think the Westermarck effect would point towards Hiro developing feelings. Afterall, his sister has always been this younger girl. Now suddenly he'll be confronted with a woman, an image he doesn't associate with his sister, yet the family familiarity will all be there. My guess is they'll just use that for angsty effect, but it will be interesting to see how well they handle it. Here's hoping they do as good a job as Koi Kaze rather than some other less serious (harem) shows.
The effect is about lack of attraction, so really, it can't say anything about Hiro's developing feelings. Rion wrote before that the Westermarck effect is not especially widespread. This is true w/o a doubt. Few adults are encouraged to marry those w/ whom they grew up; this was the case w/ the kibbutzniks, which is why the effect was first observed in them.

I seriously hope it doesn't become like Koi Kaze, at least in terms of content. & no love triangles, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Does the name "Karada" sound odd in Japanese? I mean, it is a homophone for a word for "body."
I was wondering whether there was a particular reason behind that & behind Shouko's name. Although it could be a mere coincidence, since it's a very common name, "Shouko" can mean "evidence" or "proof".

では、
アイスル未来
AisuruMirai is offline   Reply With Quote