View Single Post
Old 2011-04-08, 18:35   Link #1062
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Before the next analys comes here are my final words for this episode. Had to do some private stuff, so apologize for letting you wait for a reply.

It's not about responsibility but honesty I am speaking. Even though the did not peer, they remained friends. Should friends also not be even honest with their emotions? While Ranka needs to learn this, Alto is in an age where he can do the first steps.

Spoiler for Next ep spoiler tag:

It is not anyone's responsibility to return to return the feelings of the person who likes them, especially if they don't feel the same. In the same vein unless the person tells them they have no reason to turn them down, because there isn't anything turn down.

After the fight shown between Ozma and Alto, but there is a timeskip sweetheart. And Alto also didn't show that he was having a easy time admitting that Sheryl was dying or allowing her to continue to sing. Also you seem to think that what happens to Alto's home town shouldn't bother him. Like the watching his best friend being gutted should be easy. And I'm sorry but I wonder where that kind of logic comes from. And we can't say there hasn't been a Vajra attack because there very well may have been another one.

The state of one's home does way heavy one's conscious and I imagine it would be especially so if they were a part of the armed forces who were supposed to protect their home. Having lived in NYC during 09/11 I can happily vouch for that stressfulness. Alto's life has done a complete 180 I don't quite understand what part of that isn't stressful. The complete change in narrative to a much darker tone disagrees with you as well.

Also in your previous post you acted as though Alto deciding to kill Ranka was an easy decision and for that comment I wonder if you were actually thinking before you wrote it. Ranka is Alto's friend and even if he isn't romantically attracted to her, for your friend who for all you know could have defected to the enemy, and might end up being used against you when you meet up again. Especially right after the death of his best friend, and the hospitalization of another one. The next episode is just icing to the cake that is Alto's stress post episode 21.

See that's just the thing Ozma's predicament is very different, as Ranka's is Ozma's adopted sister, but then again even he understood the reason why Alto didn't go with him, and didn't even imply that Alto was having it easy. For Ozma its easy, Ozma never second guesses himself, in fact he knows exactly what he wants to do. Ditto for Ranka who wasn't shown to have any problems while sitting in the ship with Brera (who had been antagonistic towards Alto beforehand).

Also Ranka was never manipulated she was asked several times if she was okay they were making and Ranka in order to gain Alto's affection (who has no idea that she has problems with it because she didn't tell him) said "yes" or she just never voiced her opinion at all. You can't fault other characters for that because Ranka is the one who ultimately made the decision at the end of the day. She wasn't dragged into anything no one held a gun to her head, they just asked her privately (once mind you) and left her alone to make the decision for herself. Also the solution she came with was after the fact. She gave a totally different reason in episode 21. That's why I don't factor in the next episode, its the equivalent of someone deciding to go somewhere or do something because of one reason and then at a later date (read: when they know more and not only have had time to think but now have their feelings sorted out) looking back and saying differently. You can't say they did X because of their new reason because simply not what happened at the time they did it. People can change their reasons for doing something but it doesn't change their initial reason.

I'm not saying that Ranka has it easy at this point in time, but neither does Alto or Sheryl or Klan Klan or Luca or Nanase, because the world as they know it has changed.

You can't just use the reason a character created at a later date (especially when they didn't have the information then). Ah yeah and it was so smart for her to leave only to fall right into Grace's trap. When you look at things in hindsight you gotta first look take into account what the characters know when the scene happens. Just attributing the information revealed in later episodes to what happened in the previous episodes is futile, because then you know more than that character.

Also if you have to completely and totally ignore events in order to make Ranka look better, and other characters look bad then maybe you re-evaluate why you liked the character in the first place. Cause it makes you seem like a Ranka fanboy with selective memory when it comes to her.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote