View Single Post
Old 2008-02-18, 09:40   Link #928
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
No, mainly because you've been annoying me. I've seen what you call debate skills, it's little more than a braniac sixth-grader who insists on pointing out every perceived factual error whether relevant or not, and who hasn't got the brains to realize how ignorant he is about how the world really works. Harping on every perceived difference to what you think the world should act like =/= debate skills, and outlasting your opponents with obstinate refusal to see their point =/= winning and convincing. Believe it or not, most people do have things they'd rather do than a quote war on a forum over some obscure anime that most people in the world have never heard of.

Do I think most people here are any better in their skills? Don't make me laugh. But having been like you about seven years ago, it annoys me to see someone act like they know everything when they don't even have a inkling as to what they don't know.

Don't think that I hate you: I don't. It's merely painful to see someone go through the exact same phase I was in over half a decade ago.
I don't really think I'm being obstinate. I certainly don't believe in doggedly arguing for the sake of "winning". Realistically, agreeing to disagree is the best I can hope for, but I still enjoy writing out what I think. It's a creative exercise, nothing more.

You're the one that said "My opinion = Facts ". Obviously you don't think I'm worth arguing with so why even say that? Because I'm annoying you? I don't know what phase you went through, but maybe you've misunderstood me?

And if you're refering to the mst3k-style posts I type up as I watch an episode, that's not so much as arguing as venting. Another creative exercise.

I can appreciate how complicated the world is, but Gundam OO obviously does not.

Quote:
Anyone who complains about Seed not being colorful enough is color blind. Most people who complain about the Seed-verse colors complain about them being too bright: pink explosions, constant posing and acrobatics, and the whole nine-yards. Of course, this is also in part because Seed experimented with new computer animation technicques for coloring and such, which isn't for everyone. I personally much prefer the darker hand-drawn colors of Zeta to just about everything else, even if they do have weaker resolution.
I didn't really mean colorful as being literally colorful. More like the animation style and battle choregraphy. Gundam OO's got good choregraphy as far as Exia's concerned, even if it's portrayal of military tactics and grunts is generally poor.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote