View Single Post
Old 2010-02-15, 03:49   Link #257
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
Literal translation = "god from the machine"
real meaning in literature or stories: "plot device that comes out of nowhere". Basically, something that moves the plot along basically because the author wanted it to move.

A previously unsolvable, extremely difficult, or intricate problem is suddenly solved with the introduction of a new character, object, or object. Used all the time by popular shounen series (think bleach/naruto: ultimate bad guy suddenly defeated by main character's newly learned ability!) or video games (this is more forgivable though).
Yes for the first one, no for the second.

From the get go, we've alway known about the effects of Imagine Breaker. And nothing has drastically changed since then.

But I digress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
No what I meant was that is it affecting the plot more? i mean, in Majutsu it was mostly about Touma saving other people but does his Imagine Breaker get more recognition from other characters and does he become the target more often because of it? Because that's the feeling i got after watching episode 18 of Majutsu.
Yes.

You don't screw with the Rome Catholic Church and get away with it. After the incident in Italy, Touma has become their public enemy number one.