View Single Post
Old 2013-01-07, 15:06   Link #31570
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Don't forget that at least one character in this story has a multiple personality disorder, so even if you allow Erika to exist as a living entity she won't necessarily increase the number of persons on the island.
Furudo Erika only increases it by one person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I'm not really arguing for any culprit atm. While my first guess on Umineko was 'Shanon' for some weird reason as soon as I understood that it was supposed to be a mystery, Yasu/Shanon is seemingly not the right answer. Though I remember a Uraneko episode with a letter saying 'Yasu is the killer'.
"The culprit is Yasu" is actually a meme that long pre-dates Umineko.
Spoiler for TV Tropes says:
Actually it's interesting that the 'Yasu' of this old game is the person through which you interact with the world. It's very similar to Umineko in that way (and probably intentionally so).

Ryukishi says repeatedly in his interviews that he didn't want to make the answer to his story something that could just be copied and pasted on the internet, and I'm sure that when he says this he's got the "The culprit is Yasu" spoiler-meme in mind.

Anyway, a common point of view in this community is that Yasu presents herself as the culprit through the stories, but isn't really the culprit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qno2 View Post
Staking doesn't work, you can't actually get a good enough grip on them. "Our Confession" implies that the victims are shot and then the stake is inserted in the wound.
Yes. Also in Alliance, when Battler is investigating all the corpses he finds the idea that the stakes themselves could have been effective weapons to be pretty ridiculous.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote