Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-05, 02:54   Link #10808
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
Really my university's social scene isn't that bad, I was just being stupid. I just need to actively look for more groups that suit my interests.
Well it's good that you are being positive about it, because there isn't anywhere you can go where it is easy to make friends and meet women without being proactive. I'm sure it is posible for you to find friends and meet good, interesting people at University.

However, I hope that the next time you are feeling down, you remember my words. It is still my opinion that state schools in general are not the most accepting places, especially to people who have social and mental diferences, such as those with autism spectrum personalities.

During my time at a small liberal arts college, people were, in general, far kinder to those who they saw as different from themselves and much more inclusive towards people in general.

So if you continue to struggle, despite your best efforts, remember that you shouldn't put all of the blame on yourself.

(PS I did have friends at State School, but I mostly got them by pretending to be less intellectual and egalitarian then I actually am. At state school I had to hide the fact that I liked anime, for example. At liberal arts school, even many of the most popular people (including with the opposite gender) are open about loving things like Anime, Magic Cards, and generally stuff that was frowned upon at State School. It's not fun to hide your true self.)
NinjaRealist is offline   Reply With Quote