View Single Post
Old 2010-07-05, 14:42   Link #12938
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Like I said, this works perfectly fine, until you consider the possible reactions Shannon has to face in workplace, and the fact that George will have to face three years of drilling by his mother every bloody morning because he still lives with his parent, doesn't he. Giving the ring and not making it public is pointless. But making it public creates an unbalanced situation, it's like asking to get your future marriage torpedoed. While open resistance by Eva may be quelled one way or another, I see no way to stop the covert resistance. No matter how kingly an ass, it can still be soundly kicked by superior forces or pure domestic passive-aggressive measures. And don't tell me that Eva can't be passive-aggressive, I bet the notes on the fridge in the morning would be enough to break anyone's heart alone.
Do we actually know he lives with his parents though? I don't remember anything implying that. Besides that with the work situation it would cause I'd like to think it wasn't a flashback to 3 years ago because of that, and I'd find it hard to beleive that he'd propose to her at all if they weren't mentally prepared for all of that. And he did say he's always prepared.

Her working there is already a problem add 3 years of everybody, but Eva, knowing and it just feels ridiculous.

He did say at one point in the episode 2 pre story that if people threw stones he'd treat as celebratory confetti. So I guess he takes criticism like a pro wrestler. Shannon and George would have to had a talk to plan all this stuff out or it wouldn't make any sense.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote