View Single Post
Old 2017-04-05, 16:58   Link #16
Razdent

Wow, this was actually a really terrible first episode imo. Almost reminds me of how bad Mahou Sensou's first episode was.

This honestly reeks of what seems like it's possibly the studio's B-team trying to get carried by their music composer. Not to mention, the poor production values, lazy execution, and there's even some phoned in voice acting.

I won't judge the premise/plot too deeply because it's begging you to turn your brain off right from the start but besides the OST, there's not really much else here that's good.

I did like the explanations during the fight sequence but it was still packed with unnecessary still frames, reused frames, and slow/janky animation. This is supposed to be an action show right? What happened to the budget? Also, was the voice acting director even guiding the main voice actors? A lot of the dialogue delivery is all over the place and not fitting with what the character is currently doing (most notably for the masked girl). Not a great sign when a show is cutting so many corners already in its first episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MgMaster View Post
Major bonus points from me for the fact that he didn't just agree to give up his dignity & crossdress like this rest ~ the fact that he's a chill,kinda badass dude that wants some peace & quiet is also great.
Also really enjoyed that aspect too and is probably the only reason I'd watch a few more episodes at least until some typical harem cliche's wedge their way in and take focus away from the weird plot.

Last edited by Razdent; 2017-04-05 at 17:12.
Razdent is offline   Reply With Quote