View Single Post
Old 2010-08-23, 08:42   Link #1454
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCSExponent View Post
I'm not so surprised to see NGE mentioned in this thread; I'm a bit overwhelmed, however, with the number of mentions. Personally I think it is over-rated but still a solid anime with tons of quotable moments. And the 2nd movie in the rebuild series is the best thing I've ever seen.
I'm absolutely shocked, however, to see Azumanga Daioh, K-On! and Chobitsu garner more than one mention in this thread, each. Especially Chobitsu. It's not my favourite of the three, but it's the one anime I thought I'd never see anyone hate. Oh well, life's too short to be befuddled over other people's preferences...

Can't say I've watched at length any thing too painful, but...
Lucky Star isn't very good.
Trigun wasn't very good.
Jyu-oh-sei wasn't very good.
The only anime I ever decided not to watch after watching one episode was Shana no Shokugan (sp?).
School days was painful, I just skimmed over it at 30s intervals looking for the oft-mentioned ecchi moments... none to be found

Oh, just to add-
I'm always amazed by the Mononoke Hime appreciation. To me it was a children's movie, and a quite poor one, at that. Nicely drawn, though, I'll give it that much.
And.... I deserve some kind of prize for having read the whole 73 -page monster that this thread is. I really do.
Why anyone would fully read a generally negative 73-page thread instead of a more positive one is beyond me.

Let me just state that Lucky Star is far from being a frisbee as well as Trigun. Haven't seen Jyu-oh-sei so can't comment on that. School Days, one of the most polarizing shows ever is from my point of view not a frisbee as well. I'd rather say it's your fault for expecting a hentai.

As for Princess Mononoke, certainly is one of the better animes that exist.

Not really related but you certainly deserve an award for 1) spelling Shakugan no Shana wrong and 2) not using the edit button.

edit: I already mentioned Ayakashi being horrible but let me add 11eyes as the trainwreck of the year.