View Single Post
Old 2009-11-08, 10:56   Link #175
Pixelation
Dreamcatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Soul View Post
it's gonna be much better if beato use the red truth .. but my point is (based on what i saw in the ep) the blue truth used to deny the magic, so Beato gave Battler an example abt the 5 master keys .. what i mean is: Is anything Battler gonna say to deny the magic will be written in blue i mean any theory that will come in his mind or just the truth one?

let's take an example abt what Battler said that his grandpa was killed before and there are 17 members + x number and x is the culprit.
if this sentence is right and wrote in blue it will be ok .. but if this one is wrong and wrote in blue it wont help Battler in any way bcoz if any theory will be written in blue whether its right or wrong then Battler will never take an advantage from it.
From my understanding, Beato will have to rebuke his claim in red or this is as good as if she said it in red herself. This episode ended before she had a chance to respond, expect a response next episode.

He has to have a cohesive theory to explain what she claims is magic and chose to declare it in blue, which she then must debunk with red or forfeit. Since red can only state truth, she has to present a fact that makes his blue text a logical impossibility.

It still helps Battler if she debunks his claim, because with every fact she states he's narrowing down the possibilities and inching closer to the truth. Whether or not he can figure it out without losing is the question.

Of course, being the successor to Higurashi...
Spoiler for Significant Higurashi Spoilers: