Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 03:36   Link #26165
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
So, having guns makes people safer, huh?

Well. Just to highlight two points here. This man:

1) Professional sniper
2) Killed at a gun range

Ironic? Yes. And, my goodness. This dude was good enough to make it into the Navy SEALs.
You know the mods won't like this one, so I'm gonna keep to the event itself(mostly)

A gun is a tool, it doesn't magically make you safer or make you do evil things. Whether it accomplishes anything depends entirely on the person utilizing it.

That said, there is scant few details in that article, and I haven't been able to find out anything more from other sources yet.. What was the circumstances involved in the killing? was Kyle even armed? what did it mean he was working with another vet with PTSD (at a range? )? It almost sounds like this was a targeted killing, which frankly will always have the victim at a severe disadvantage - nobody, not even a SEAL, lives their live as if they're about to be assassinated 24/7.

On the other hand, if the killer was one of the PTSD patients Kyle was working with.... man, I have to say that mixing guns with people suffering from PTSD was probably not the brightest idea...