View Single Post
Old 2010-11-25, 22:50   Link #70
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I think the best thing about this weeks chapter is the possibility that suggests Urahara might actually turn out to be an antagonist. Beyond that, this weeks special hell arc chapter proved much more interesting. If it's any indication of how good the movie will be, I'd say we've got quite the treat to look forward to.
Like the remaining 400-odd chapters haven't done their level best to plant that idea in our heads? About the only thing that screams "bad guy" more than shadowed eyes (which is constant when Urahara is wearing his hat) is the sneer, which Kubo has rightfully reserved for only the most irredeemable of his villains (Szayel Apollo and Cirucci Thunderwitch are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head...even Aizen never went much beyond an over-satisfied smirk).

But we did learn at least two things this week. One, and most important, Unagiya is involved in the "Kurosaki Coverup". It couldn't be more obvious that she was rushing Ginjou out of her business before he told Ichigo something important. Two, Kubo's creativity is obviously running on fumes. Not only does he give us two of the most overabused tropes in anime (the tsuntsun maid and the stoic butler), but he makes then look like hastily assembled texture swaps of Misa Misa and Fuhrer King Bradley...