View Single Post
Old 2009-04-03, 08:59   Link #41
janfive

I agree with DJLowrider's opinion that a song don't need to be 10 years old or more to be considered memorable, if not the "greatest of all time". A memorable song or should I say one that can be considered as one of the greatest of all time can be called as such even though it's been out very recently. It would be what some would like to call "instant classics". They receive near unanimous praise from music critics and the listening public. The consensus is that they most probably would stand the test of time. An example would be Coldplay's Viva La Vida and M.I.A.'s Paper Planes, two songs from last year that will have a long shelf life based on recurrent airplay and radio playlists.Another example, OutKast's Hey Ya!, Eminem's Lose Yourself and Stan made it in the Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Songs of All Time despite being less than 10 years old. Also, the number of anime songs produced during the early 90's and downwards are not that many compared to the music after that. In my honest opinion it is during the new millennium that some of the most memorable OPs and EDs were introduced.
janfive is offline   Reply With Quote