View Single Post
Old 2012-02-28, 01:53   Link #412
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Seriously, I thought this episode was full of creativity. Maybe it didn't happen to be along lines you enjoy, but it sure seemed creative to me. "Plotlines" are not the only thing that can make an anime (or any kind of fiction) great, it seems to me.
Well yeah, the fact of the matter is that we all come from different perspectives; we're looking at the same object from different points of view. Even ostensibly looking at the same thing, what we see (and thus get out of it) differs. Really, most of this thread has been about differences in values even moreso than opinion, and that's why it got a bit heated. Differences in values (like the elements people find critical to be personally entertained) are even harder to overcome in a discussion; in the end, it just requires abundant patience and understanding. It was very interesting to me that some people looked at the episode and saw brilliance and creativity, while others saw pandering and creative bankruptcy. I can't really say that either is wrong, but they're really looking at the episode in entirely different ways. This is really a case of "one person's trash is another's treasure", perhaps even more literally than usual.

TL;DR…
Analogy
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?