View Single Post
Old 2006-04-19, 22:32   Link #82
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
That reminds of the Irresponsible Captain Tylor Ep where Tylor order all ships garbage jettsion in fornt of the enemy ship to provide cover for escape I just love that series.
Really? I've never seen Irresponsible Captain Tylor. I may have to hunt up the series somewhere (I think it's licensed). That sounds funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linker
the mines are small in size and signature, they can be built to provide stealth and... um... stealth... hard to target til you get close, and if you are clear enough they just rocket towards you and detonate their (perferably nuclear) payload, if you ahve them in a stationary minefield the enemy would only know the location of them at best, if you deploy them before a battle it might make for a nasty surprise..
Ahh, I see. Difference in terminology. That might work, but of course you can't really protect your planet that well with them as there would be a problem with you getting out through them. I was thinking of traditional minefields, you're talking more like guided smartbomb satellites. And if that's the case, the enemy would just invest in ways to foil the detection signatures. And then you would develop ways to make better detection algorithims, etc, etc.

Really it's just a never-ending circle.