View Single Post
Old 2008-03-31, 03:15   Link #15
ani_d

Story. Contrary to my impressions of this show, which is the "stereotypical" harem show with a stereotypical resolution, I have to admit it is different if you take into account how things reached the conclusion. The concept of a boy filled with self-doubt, stationary lovelife, and unmotivation suddenly meeting a girl that inspired him to 'fly' was the most unique scenario I've seen so far. The show told us the clear goal of Shin from the very start and chose to end it as it is. Shin's direction didn't change, but the manner of how he got there was, in my opinion, what made the difference.

Except maybe for Shin's dad (maybe he already did a long time ago) and the bald kid, all characters were given a hurdle they needed to jump over.

Animation. Beautiful. I love how deep the eyes were, especially Hiromi's since she's always crying. Like Falkor said, 'best animated tears.' The way they animated the tears was awesome. Even when Noe cut her finger. The blood trickling down seemed like the real thing. The background scenes looked so laid back and gave off the slice-of-life feeling. Makes me want to go Japan even more.

Voice. I admit there were times I find Hiromi's tiny voice annoying, and Ai's clingy voice made me hate Ai. Still, I think the VAs are really good and my pet peeves were probably because of the characters not the VA. I haven't heard the english dubbed yet, but I doubt they can top the original VAs. I heard Noe's VA was 22, and I was so impressed how she could make a voice that young. The roach song keeps sticking inside my head thanks to her.

Anyway, good show all in all. I enjoyed it. 10/10
ani_d is offline   Reply With Quote