View Single Post
Old 2008-10-23, 23:49   Link #37
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I don't think Ryuuji is very flawed though. The only problem he has is out of his control.
Excuse me? Mr. Mold Obsessive Cleanliness????? He's neurotic on the subject of cleanliness.

general review:
Well, after watching ep 4 several times (1 raw, twice subbed), I think its a heck of an endearing comical tragedy. Taiga is one precious ball of emotional tangle unable to sort out her feelings and express them properly to anyone. Ryuuji sees that quite clearly and cares for her, good or bad (he's getting better at sidestepping as well). Taiga is thankful that there are people who accept her for what she is. They each still have their emotional goals though -- completely unaware pudding-covered Minorin and "moved on" Kitamura.

Extra points for the hilarious student council president's announcement sequence.

Meh.... I'm sticking with the series - whether it compares to the manga or novels, I'm enjoying all three interpretations. And as far as Taiga and Ryuuji, I just think of my wife who calls me "baka" and "buddha-head" over some silly thing and then curls up against me on the couch and falls asleep.
loli-tsundere for the win....

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-10-24 at 01:59.