View Single Post
Old 2013-05-07, 08:07   Link #48
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
Although the main point and the set-up was quite similiar to Clannad's First Season, you simply cannot say the same for Clannad as for LB!
In Clannad, there were way more entertaining characters than here, at least that is my humble opinion.
Can you actually say that if you only watched Season 1? Don't get me wrong, it was entertaining, but it was good, but it wasn't great, until Season 2.

In the end, the first-person character-related perspective of something like Clannad and LB are dependent on its routes. Clannad had more entertaining characters because KyoAni gave them more justice, than LB. Even then, for example in Clannad, if I hadn't read the VN, even I could have said Yukine Miyazawa was a very shallow character.

The same sad rule applied to LB, but on a larger scale because, again, many of the scenes were rushed, like *cough*Komari*cough*Haruka. The best scenes LB had on season 1 were Rin and Mio oriented, and thus brought that same aura as with Clannad Season 1 KyoAni style. Kud's route was rather, tampered with, and didn't bring that same Key drama as it should have been.

There was EVERY reason to say the same for Clannad. Only, Clannad was treated differently. For that reason, it shouldn't be that LB should be compared to Clannad, anyway.

Anyway, as Episode 26 is compared, it could have easily been extended to 1.5 episodes.