View Single Post
Old 2008-01-30, 17:21   Link #11
rg4619

Quote:
Funi's CEO recently said in an interview he thought single-volume releases would go away and be replaced with just box sets...Bandai Visual USA seems to have different ideas, though...
Bandai Visual is in a completely different position. As long as they make more money than they normally would (i.e. via typical licensing agreements with American distributors), they aren't actually worse off than before. With licensing fees are bottoming out, they don't have a whole lot to lose.

It'd be interesting to know what they deem to be a success. Obviously, BVUSA isn't targeting as large a customer base as ADV or Funimation.

Quote:
Jesus so expensive that makes 2 series today (shingofumi) that i like and considered buying depending on the ending but with these prices im not sure that i want to. I watch fansubs just like everyone but if i like a series i make sure to pay homage to the hardworking people and pay money when the series comes out.
Yeah, I don't expect many people to buy these.

For me, collecting the series right off the bat is out of the question. However, I do intend to support it initially by purchasing select volumes.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote