View Single Post
Old 2004-03-15, 18:02   Link #4
7thMethuselah

Some of the romance series i'd recommend, they are all strongly directed towards romance, there are several other series which have romance in them but not as a main theme but I won't mention those here

Licensed

Ah! My Goddess : a guy gets one wish from a goddess and wishes she stays with him forever.

Ai Yori Aoshi : Aoi and Kaoru were set up to be married when they were little kids. However they haven't seen each other for 10 (?) years after that. Then she goes to look him up and they go live together along with some friends

Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi : season 2 of AYA

Saishuuheiki Kanojo (saikano) : A love story about the impossible love between a shy girl with a very special ability (i won't tell you what in order not to spoil it but it gets revealed at the end of the first episode) and a regular high school boy. All of this in the background of an all destroying war. Strongly recommended !!!

Chobits : After Hideki finds a persocom called Chii (a pc in the form of a very cute girl) we follow him as he tries to get through school. He starts developing feelings for Chii but doubts if their love is possible since she is only a machine, however Chii is a machine capable of emotions and she falls for Hideki. Very funny and very romantic !!!

Unlicensed

Boys Be : Love story that deals with a group of friends and their first experiences with love and relationsships. It deals with a few different characters at first then revolves completely around the main 2 chars. Expect love and nothing else (ie : no comedy, action, ecchi, etc...).

Da Capo : beautiful story filled with love and friendship about a guy and the girls in his life, I agree there are alot of great characters in there but I prefer Nemu-chan over any other

Kanon : Boy returns to live with his aunt after being away for 7 years. He meets several girls he knew before but he doesn't remember any of them, the story revolves about current and previous things that happened between him and them. Strongly recommended !!

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien : A love story (very dramatic and at times depressing) about a triangle relationship between a boy and 2 girls. It was considered as one of the best anime of 2003 and I completely agree with that.

Kita He ~Diamond Dust Drops~ : each 2 episodes are a little romance story in itself with different characters, the various stories do not seem related apart from the fact it all takes place in Hokkaido, quite nice, try it out

Onegai Twins : 2 girls claim to be the twin sister of aome guy, they are also both in love with him, they decide to live together untill they find a way to figure it out, very nice series which is quite funny at times