Thread: Licensed Cross game
View Single Post
Old 2010-01-21, 06:21   Link #2440
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
In just about every scene in that series (especially with Shin and Hiromi) the hormonally-charged tension is so thick in the air you could cut it with a knife. There's still a teenaged awkwardness and sense of embarrassment but, as was so often the sense in that show, the air was electric with potential danger. Of course that was a true romance series, and only a quarter as long as Cross Game and thus charged with a lot more urgency to get where it was going.

In Cross Game we're being treated to an eight-year courtship that's taken our leads from elementary school to the end of high school - a slow, languid and painfully halting journey through incredibly profound psychological territory. At the same time, largely devoid of passion. What a fascinating contrast between these two series.
Well in True tears Shin and Hiromi have quite an head start on Kou and Aoba

Spoiler for True Tears plot:

And I just got done marathoning Toradora and that ending was quite satisfying,waited 25 episodes for that ending and I got it!I can only imagine that getting the ending I want after 50 episodes would be even more satisfying.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2010-01-21 at 06:31. Reason: Not everybody saw True Tears, hence please comment its key plot points in spoiler tags
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote