View Single Post
Old 2011-11-03, 07:47   Link #227
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
@Gooral

@Nixl

This is not true at all.Yagi could very easily find tons of logical excuses to limit Claire's powers after her fight with Prissy,and as long as you limit Claire's power Yagi can introduce to the story the DoD, that of course they must be strong,but not at asurd levels.

Btw there is also the possibility that Claire and Prissy's fight will end in a draw with both of them almost dead, it's not so certain that their first fight will be their last,maybe they'll became two real rivals ("real rivals" in the sense that even Prissy will start to see Claire as a rival,not just a smell that attracts her,lol).
Perhaps, but consider Malak that Yagi has been following a linear progression of villains. We have gone through Yoma, powerful Yoma (Church arc), Awakened Beings, the Abysmal Ones, Abysmal Feeders, Priscilla/Destroyer, and now the 3 FOs. If Yagi continues this progression or scale then I believe it is very likely we could see the DoDs be even stronger in a sense.

You are correct that Yagi could limit Claire's powerlevels, but that partially goes along with my argument. With the DoDs Yagi can do anything he wants whether that be limit Claire's abilities or make them excessively powerful. Nonetheless, Claymore has, to a degree, centered on female warriors slaying Yoma/AB and Claire's revenge. With the death of Priscilla and the potential entrance of the DoDs we could see these two premises gone and replaced and that could change much about the story.

In addition, you brought the possibility that Priscilla may not die. That is possible Malak, but I do not think it truly stops changes that could result from the DoDs. In essence we would have a new villain and a new drive for Claire. Things will more than likely change as a result.

Spoiler for Off Topic: