View Single Post
Old 2006-10-26, 10:01   Link #54
Caiobrz
Frantic Waller

I think we are switching cause and effect here.

I believe that Takano only Watanagashi Rika so the military will unleash the great disaster, that's all. It's the same as klashikari theory: if they know in less than 48 hours of her death, than they are afraid that the queen theory is right and have no choice to be safe and destroy the village. However, if Takano simply killed Rika in any way, it would diminish the religous factor from her death, spoiling the Oyashirosama impact, so she Watanagashi Rika for two reasons: unleash the great disaster and still keep the Oyashirosama curse alive in those who live.

If Rika dies in any other way, not only I agree with klashikari that it seams it takes too long for them to find out, but it also removes the "sacredness" of her death, voiding part of Takano's plan.

I doubt very much that Takano eats anything from Rika, she is a scientist and know better than anyone about the biology of the Hinamizawa sindrome. She knows about the parasite, the vaccine and probably on how to infect someone in purpose, so why bother with the ritual?

Takano is crazy and obcessive, but she is not dumb