View Single Post
Old 2010-12-02, 03:47   Link #290
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
If you still think Shinrei Tantei Yakumo is a detective show, then there is nothing much I can say.
It's called Psychic Detective Yakumo and is about solving murder cases and the like.

Quote:
Yakumo's father is a wicked person. His goal is not to kill Yakumo or Haruka, but to break Yakumo's mind ( to bring him to the dark side). That's why he let Gotoh to finish the story. Besides he hopes Yakumo would "break" knowing her mother tried to kill him under her own free will. Attacking Haruka at that time (or doing anything else) is contradictory to his goal. Yakumo's mother is afraid of Yakumo's father and is guilt ridden by her attempt to kill Yakumo so she is hiding. But when Yakumo/ Haruka is life threatening, her desire to protect trumps everything else so she "come out". I think it is pretty standard drama stuff and don't know what you are complaining about. If anything it is too cheesy and straight forward. The explosion at the end is a minor one, aiming for the villains to escape, not to cause harm. Yakumo's father would not want to hurt Haruka like that.

Yakumo's father is way more wicked than someone who actually kill people. I think the show had been screaming for that for a while now.
Oh the evil guy that raped Yakumo's mom. I thought kitten320 was talking about Takeda.

Anyway, the evil guy's plan was to break Yakumo by killing Haruka. I'm fairly certain that was mentioned specifically. And even if it wasn't, the evil guy also blatantly ordered the blond bitch to shoot Haruka in the leg and was about to do so. And even if his goal wasn't attacking Haruka then it still wouldn't have been contradictory.

And even if that explosion was aimed for an escape, blowing up a gas tank does not cause a minor explosion.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote