View Single Post
Old 2012-01-29, 17:43   Link #3015
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
But that's a problem with any form of government where power is not held by one person alone, like a monarchy. And even then, a weak king can be usurped or influenced and be a puppet.
Even if Cagalli didnít have absolute power, does that makes it okay to just ignore her and makes decision on their own? Sheís supposed to be the leader of ORB, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
A change in foreign policy still doesn't mean an unstable government. And it's only natural (no pun intended) for there to be people in the government with different ideas of how to run the government even with Orb's ideals.
Just like what I said to winter45, until someone can tell me for sure, whether The 3 Laws are just Uzumiís own ideals or actually the foundation principles of the country, our view of ORBís Ďstableí government will never met since you apparently only view those laws as just someoneís ideals while I view it in a greater concept.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
No, Cagalli's kidnapping did not make a dent because the alliance with the AF happened before the kidnapping. As for whether the situation would be better had Cagalli returned sooner, that would depend on her state of mind. It's certain, however, that the Cagalli who was kidnapped would not do any better had Kira just returned her like that. She would've just gone on with the marriage with Yuna.
With Cagalli being there in ORB (married or not), after Durandallís broadcast revealing LOGOS as the true terrorist, Iím sure sheíll never let Djibril set his foot on ORB unlike the other coward noble families who can only smile and welcoming a public enemy number 1 to their home. That actually will add some amount of credibility to ORBís government even though theyíre still part of the alliance, just like Earth Alliance military and rebels who joined forces with ZAFT to battle LOGOS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
People will always have different opinions. As long as the military still obeys the government, it's still fine as far as I'm concerned.
I'm cool with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
That "fool" is only one person out of a group of people within the government with the same political agenda.

And that's the problem with your argument. You're so fixated on Yuna that you ignore the whole Seiran family and other people within Orb that share the same viewpoint.

Look at the United States, where we have Republicans and Democrats and other political parties. Just because these parties may differ in certain agendas, it doesn't mean the government is deteriorating. And one "foolish" senator/president/representative is not going to undue the fact that the United States is quite a strong country overnight.

In other words, in an attempt to show that SEED and Destiny tend to simplify certain real-life issues (which they do, as this is a fictional story), you took it to the extreme by oversimplifying the situation with Orb's government. And then you "turn around" and find fault with its oversimplification when it's your analysis of it that is oversimplified.

Like I said, the script may not be perfect (but then, most aren't), but they're not as bad as you're making it out to be. And it's certainly not flawed simply because someone like Yuna has some power in a fictional country.
Iím not fixated to Yuna, I mention him a lot since his foolishness stood out. Yunaís foolishness is cartoonish and over the top. If you want to compare it to the RL situation, maybe itís like Bush saying that Guantanamo facility does not exist at all when he was still president, while evidences said otherwise. That would be total BS.

Iím not even trying to oversimplify things. Thatís what was shown in the show without including other media. First, we knew that ORB is powerful country with techno advancement. Rich & prosper, of course. Itís a (supposedly) neutral country (kinda like Switzerland). They say Cagalli is the leader of ORB, but we never given any clue of how much power/authority does she has compared to Prime Minister Unato Seiran and other members of noble families. Then, thereís Yuna who is the son of Unato and Cagalliís fiancee. What does that make him in the chain of command? Itís not very clear. And from there, our problem begins in defining ORB government and Cagalli's capacity as a leader. You apparently see it as a messed-up government due to the progress of the plot/story and that itís intentional and therefore OK. On the other hand, I view it as not a very good writing and a lacking script which function is to provide Cagalli, Shinn, Athrun, Kira, etc with internal conflict with the enemies. That makes ORB issues not a very good plot device. If we canít agree on this, letís just say we agree to disagree.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote