View Single Post
Old 2012-01-30, 00:09   Link #3017
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Power is shared, remember? If Cagalli lacks enough support, then it will be tough to have it her way.
I didn’t argue about the lack of support for Cagalli, not at all. My gripe is the execution of ORB agreeing with the alliance behind Cagalli’s back without further consultation. Uzumi is Chief Representative, remember? And Cagalli has the same position in Destiny. So, her voice is very important for the ORB’s decision-making. Yet, Unato and the others just ignored her and play hey-lets-sign-this-contract-by-ourselves-and-that-Chief-can-go-to-her-room.
Quote:
No, I view them as part of Orb's principle, but that doesn't mean things can't change or that everybody will follow that principle strictly.
The 3 Laws of ORB is very much like Pancasila in my country in which it will never change as long as Indonesia still stand. It has 5 points instead of 3, and they contains our most basic principles in managing a country. You can say that it’s the foundation of the laws of Indonesia. I can’t compare this issue with other nations beside mine since I don’t know whether they have this kinda principle or not.
Quote:
That still won't matter if the Seirans hid Djibril from her.
Yeah, that will get ugly. By the time the evidence of Djibril-is-in-ORB came, at least Cagalli can immediately give order to capture Djibril and at the same time reveal the traitor family while explaining the situation properly to Durandal’s faction.
Quote:
Well, a lot of people seem to think Bush's actions were BS anyway (justified or not), so it's not like it can't happen in real life.
At least Bush was not an outward p^ssy.
Quote:
Cagalli's capacity as a leader is the same as any leader within a shared government. The more support she has, the easier she will have to make certain policies.
I won’t argue that the more support for Cagalli, the easier her work would be. What I need is the anime to deliver more details about it to make it absolutely clear, not you (no offense) or any other media. For example, in Batman Begins, it’s properly explained how Bruce Wayne was able to take back his company after its shares went public. Before that happens, his authority as just a usual shareholder is clearly defined. The script in Destiny didn’t do that to Cagalli.
Quote:
Except all you have for saying the script is lacking is that someone like Yuna is in the government. And that's a pretty shallow reasoning.
No, that’s not all I have. There are tons of them (but I’m kinda tired right now to mention them coz this is break-time from my work. I have to go back after this). I’m sure that other examples will come to you if you wade through the previous pages of this thread. I kept mentioning/focusing on Yuna-thingy coz that was in my first post and that’s apparently what made you disagree with me.

Yuna is a confusing character. We don’t know his rank and his actual authority. Yes, he was considered as Cagalli’s (Chief Representative) husband. Then again, you don’t see Michelle Obama leading a Navy fleet or ordering generals and admirals do you?
Quote:
It just seems to me that, for you, if a situation isn't the way you think it should be, it must be lacking or flawed.
No, there’s one example in Destiny where situation turned the way I like it but I still blame the script for poor execution. That would be Lacus & co survived the night ambush from a group of SWAT-like coordinators. I mean, how come they pull it off almost without a scratch when the only ones who have weapons at that time are Murrue & Andrew against a trained assassin coordinator group with auto-machine guns, silencers, bulletproof vests and night-scopes? How stupid can those assassins be? Like I said, I like the results that none of my fave charas are hurt but it’s still poorly written.