View Single Post
Old 2012-02-23, 21:43   Link #8
solomon

Hey I admit, I live off piracy. (Mainly, I do look at Crunchy Roll sometimes though)

I know it's not good for the industry. And I've read many interesting arguments about it on both sides.

I don't hold myself up as some vaunted iconoclast though.

Fact is, I have little money right now. And I'm not spending money on something I am not sure about when I can just watch American produced stuff on TV.

Plus, I don't like most stuff the industry is making now, so I am not spending money (or much time) on it. Real simple.

Anyways, more broadly to the larger topic....

I think there will always be an industry stateside for Anime. I mean Kung Fu movies never DIED OUT........ and there is always a certain hunger for foreign media, especially now with the world shortening internetz.

It's just that it's going through a protracted stage of upheaval and transitition, being pulled on two opposite ends...(western market and Japanese focus; I mean business AND consumer practices).

While I don't share Dhomo-chan's chagrin for 3rd party intermediaries (I respect the people who actually work to bring it here legally and translate it), I can understand his thinking in that there likely needs to be more direct sales of the product (how that is facilitated, is another tale).
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote