View Single Post
Old 2011-06-01, 18:45   Link #78
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I think Kyousuke had shown considerable personal growth over the course of the series, and what happened in the finale amounts to a serious regression of character.

Again, I don't see why this has to be a questioning of valuing Kirino. It's not about valuing - it's about right and wrong, and self-respect. It's perfectly fine for Kyousuke to value and love and honor his little sister, as any brother should. But that's not the issue - the issue is him ingratiating himself to her, despite being treated like dirt. The issue is him allowing her to behave the way she does and proving, frankly, that he seems to like it. And the issue is with his forgoing relationships with two perfectly acceptable (and one spectacular, in my admittedly biased view) romantic options because of what appears to be sexual interest in his sister. Why is it so hard to make a value judgment on that? It's incest - and this isn't some throwaway comedy. For all it's wackiness it's actually a pretty smart and complex story. Aren't we allowed to say that for Kyouske, incest is a pretty bad idea?