View Single Post
Old 2011-06-20, 19:51   Link #21
Clarste
Human

Not sure how this was better than the manga, but it certainly wasn't worse. Although I kind of missed the line that Keima had also planned for Ayumi and Chihiro to support Elsie.

As for the resolution, I think it's always important to remember that Keima has feelings too. While he is basically lying to all these girls to get their attention, in the end he goes after the ending he thinks is best. And when it comes to ideals it's pretty obvious that he would have strong feelings on the matter. He could've told Jun to hold back for the sake of others, but do you seriously think Keima of all people would ever recommend that to anyone? Of course he'd tell her to go all out for her ideals and ignore what other people say. That's how he became a god, after all.

If you go back to the other arcs you can see that this is a pretty common theme. He says basically the same thing to Chihiro, and has a similar idea behind his speeches to Kanon, Shiori and martial arts girl who I forget the name of. The moral of the series in general is to stop paying attention to what other people think and to be yourself as best you can. Self-confidence comes from the self, and all that. And that's certainly the one thing that Keima strives for.