Thread: Licensed Kaze no Stigma
View Single Post
Old 2007-04-29, 09:28   Link #286
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by klee123 View Post
Hey guys, is there a site where there are summaries of the light novels? Thanks
I don't know any sites yet as far as I know... though, I do plan to "follow" the novel hand in hand with the anime (and provide some tidbits and spoilers from time to time, in my blog or here in the forum ^^ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
It doesn't need to be loli, (( though fans in general, are more forgiving towards the "flatter and shorter" ones... )) it just needs to be female. More so if attractive. Gender bias, so to speak.

Take a look at the Claymore thread for example. I'm willing to bet there'd be zero complaints on Raki if he was a "she" as in the typical "onee-sama loving loli" stereotype even if there was technically no difference to the story. But since he's male, he gets flak. Lots of it.

Still, Ayano isn't so bad. A little stupid, but more hotblooded and naive than downright idiotic. Stuff like that are for character development. You can't have development without flaws, even if some flaws are better off not being there.
I totally agree with Nightengale there regarding Ayano's annoying personality as a much room for character development... (I mean, just look at my previous post! LOL XDDD) It really can't be helped that she's so arrogant because of the environment she lived in (where she is treated like this 'ojousama', whose powers are highly praised by people, despite its flaws)
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote