View Single Post
Old 2006-09-20, 07:53   Link #21
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

First time today I've been out of the Saimoe thread in these forums to do, of all things, post about anime. It's like locking yourself in a dark room for an extended period of time and then walking out into the bathing sunshine that initially blinds you, but then, as your eyes slowly adjust you see a beautiful scenery that is the outside world before you. That was, for me, episode 24 of Ouran.

So, as you can tell, I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. I had my doubts about this series from the beginning, and some question marks that have lingered with various quantity and intensity throughout. This episode (as well as a few of the recent ones) have pretty much blown them all away. I don't think there's much better in anime than when a series saves its very best til towards the end.

The only thing I disapprove of is the imminent end to this series, which isn't going to give us an oppurtunity to explore these characters even more. But, with the exception of Honey and Mori, they're truly fascinating. Kyouya really impressed me in this ep; there's far more depth than I ever could have imagined to his character. The way his background was presented was phenomenal... from the use of symbolism, and the directing, etc, etc... hats off to Bones, they've done an excellent job with the aesthetics in this series. But, again I have to say that Tamaki was the star. There's a pattern to how the serious development of these characters take place: in a sense Tamaki does the initial work of breaking them down and bringing them outside of their shell and/or comfort zone, while Haruhi gives them a reason and encouragement to change. As I said before, the only thing I dread is that this series will end soon, so (barring a sequel) we won't get a chance to see them really evolve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
They're doing exactly the same level of stuff that I'm doing in school now... but from the notation of summation that we learned, shouldn't the stuff at the bottom of the sigma say "t=something" or "x=something" instead of just a number or negative infinity? I mean it doesn't have relevance to the expression after the sigma notation... but that's just me nitpicking :P And woot, it's integration...

Not like my maths is good or anything
The pi*root(n^2/a^2+m^2/b^2) in the top left corner immediately reminds me of the solutions of a TE wave propagating down a rectangular waveguide with dimensions a*b. The sin(n*pi*y/b) is almost certainly the solution of some sort of second order differential equation. Ditto the stuff on the right page. Whatever he's doing, it's pretty hardcore. Well and truly above high school level.