View Single Post
Old 2007-09-27, 08:54   Link #3
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Finally, a music thread for CLANNAD.

Here's my thoughts on the various CLANNAD soundtracks:

For the OST, most of the songs are pleasant to listen to, as with KEY's high standards. However, the AIR OST still ranks highest amongst my favourite KEY soundtracks, followed by Kanon. This is not to say CLANNAD OST is bad. Compared to other series, CLANNAD certainly ranks up there, but still pales in comparison to AIR and Kanon.

The CLANNAD/Tomoyo After piano album, Piano no Mori, is a pleasant assortment of some of the best tracks from the two games. Though more songs from CLANNAD should've been chosen.

The CLANNAD remix album, memento, is a mixed bag for me. It combined disco remix with orchestral rearrangements, I preferred the latter. I wasn't too happy on them butchering the beautiful Engrish song "Ana", turning it into a mindless disco track. But this album also has the most beautiful song of all the soundtracks in its final track, the 10 minute ballet Sakura Shuukyoku (桜抒曲).

I've yet to hear the new ED "Dango Daikazoku", but it should be more or less a variation of Nagisa's theme.