View Single Post
Old 2009-08-23, 05:17   Link #58
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Oh my, that was terrible wasn't it?

Well it's not like we're masochists for watching on. More like we enjoy trains getting wrecked. I always come to see what they'll screw up this time.

Sadly this time I won't say "still, this episode was enjoyable" because alas it wasn't. SuperFaldio-ism has been irritating for a dozen episodes already and doesn't get any better.
The build up to Alicia's awakening was way too long and dragged out (and way too full of Faldio). The result is that Alicia's valkyria appearance lacked the "oomph" it deserved. When we we finally got to see her I felt less "wow" and more "ah... about time...".

They were slowly getting better up until now, but sadly this episode was disappointing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker
To be fair, let's not forget games are actually hard to be made into LAM or anime. Take SRWOG as another example. The only thing I dislike about that is those time rush against the bosses------in the game we need to use numerous units and take turns to attack to win, but it can't possibly be effectively shown on the anime.
Battles not withstanding there's a lot of story material in there, it's not like they're animating Street Fighters. The game is mostly talking heads and 3d animated scenes. They could have improved a lot on the original material but instead made a muddied down version of it.
How come I'm enjoying talking heads more than animated 2d? It's because the story is there, a story that makes sense and is aimed towards a more mature audience rather than assuming we all enjoy watching emo school kids.