View Single Post
Old 2009-10-29, 20:33   Link #34
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
From a dramatic perspective, Araragi and Hitagi are more interesting than Araragi and Hanekawa, though the second is almost too conventional as if it was a foregone conclusion.

Main issue of course is Araragi despite having 'protagionist power' also has protagionist thick skulled density.

There are also some issues with the character of Hanekawa but this isn't her thread.

Kinda amusing how they in essence friend-zoned each other.
yes that is a good way to explain it. as i was watching the series i always thought that Araragi and Hanekawa did like each other but they put each other in the friend zone and didnt pursue it.

but i perfer Araragi X Hitagi. and for the point of him not teeling her about the oddities i thought that even though he likes her he doesnt tell her so she doesnt get involved and get herself hurt. thats why he brought Hanekawa on to help him with the snake oddity because at least she would be able to protect herself. on the other hand he tells Hanekawa about them because he knows she wont try and get involved with the oddities and only talk about them with him.

also knowing how perverted Araragi is he probably doesnt want anything to happen to Hitagi because then the oppertunity to loose his virginity will be taken away.